Sunday 28 September 2014

The 100 by Kass Morgan My rating: 5 of 5 stars review by Annmarie

The 100 (The Hundred, #1)The 100 by Kass Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The book is set in the future the earth become a place that was unable to sustain human life so the last humans fearing that they would all die made a plan to get onto a ship and live in space, but years of living on a ship in space is not easy and life is harsh. Kids and teens imprisoned for small crimes only to be kill as soon as they turn 18 but something has changed and the council decide that 100 young criminals will be given the change at freedom with sounds great, but not when that freedom means being shipped of to earth where no one knows if the planet is even safe.

So I watched the TV program with no clue that it was based on a book to start with, but I'm really glad I was given the chance to review the book. I loved the whole storyline the harsh reality of what life is like in space because earth is not able to sustain life. The way the law is so finally and frightening how simple things that you would think nothing of are punishable by death or imprisonment until you 18 years old

I felt resentment for the council and found myself sucked into the lives of these teens and what they go through. How some simple human rights to me are governed by laws and freewill seemed more like a luxury that most don't have on the ship.

Once the 100 get to earth and away from the restrictions of the ship I had hoped that things would be simpler, but in a harsh place with limited resources and well 100 teens that are deemed criminals whether it being a small crime or a large one life becomes all about adapting and learning to live in a place that's very alien to them all.

I felt for the people I followed through the course of the book I feared for them when things are hard and smiled and laughed when the discovered new things they never had on the ship. The 100 have complete freewill with no rules or structure no adults to yell at them or anything, but while some seem to do the right things and want to look after the group other seem to just want to be jerks and start fights and throw there weight about.I found the whole book was very engrossing and easy to read I was excited for every chapter for all the new information and back history of the characters and why they are at this point. It was a simple brilliant read from start to finish and I found no faults or little things that I disliked the whole book felt like it was made for me. I happily give this book five stars and would recommend to others in a heart beat

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews