Search This Blog

Friday, 14 August 2026

Forged by Malice by Elizabeth Helen reread and review

 

Forged by Malice (Beasts of the Briar, #3)Forged by Malice by Elizabeth Helen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars
🌶️🌶️🌶️ 3 Spice

Again, another amazing book in this series. I will say I did not like this as much as books 1 and 2, but I still VERY much loved it.

OK, so the story carries on from the last book, of course. The series overall seems to have this massive, detailed, woven story that I guess will arc through the whole series, but each book also has a clear story going on that is different, rather than just dragging out the same thing over and over. I love how rich and detailed everything is. Where there is light and happiness, there is also a heap of darkness, mystery, secrets, and just a lot going on. The fantasy side of this book and the last books is so good. I feel like the magic is growing with each passing book, and it makes for a great level of excitement and keeps you excited.

It's not too over the top that you can't keep up, but not so basic that you get bored. There is a great amount of wonder and magic, and it's placed on each page, and I eat it up. The love, friendship, and emotional feels in this book, like the others before it, are top-level stuff. You feel for the characters, and honestly, there were also a lot of characters in this book that made me downright rage and had me screaming at the pages.

There is a lot of spice, but it's sprinkled throughout the book. The spice has a lot of emotion and feeling behind it, and it's detailed to the point of needing a new fan or AC. I love the great mix of overwhelming story, emotion, and spice. The story is never in second place. The characters are detailed and rich and never feel samey or flat.

The ending of this book had me screaming. There is one female in this book who made me understand why having a great villain can age me, lol. I wish maybe the outcome with Ez would have been a little different. Out of everyone, he is normally the one not to trust others, so some of his actions seemed a little out of place, but I get that his regret and inner feelings play a large part in this book. I also guessed something that everyone else is SO not getting, so I'm pretty much screaming at my favorite characters at this point.

I hate cliffhangers, but I am so glad I have the next book ready and waiting to read, so off I pop.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment