Search This Blog

Thursday, 17 September 2026

(Bride of the Shadow King, #3) Heart of the Shadow King by Sylvia Mercedes review

 

Heart of the Shadow King (Bride of the Shadow King, #3)Heart of the Shadow King by Sylvia Mercedes
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

⭐ 1 Star
🌶️ 2 Spice

Reading this was painful and draggy, and I had to fight tooth and nail to get through it. I fought like a gladiator to avoid DNFing and calling it a day. I pushed through, but this book, much like the second book, felt like wading through quicksand at times.

I spent chapters upon chapters disliking everyone and everything, while desperately wishing that the characters I had grown to like throughout the series would wake up, smell the coffee, grow a spine, and stop acting like sheep. I was practically pulling my hair out and screaming for a redo, or just anything that would make some of their choices make sense.

At times, I genuinely felt like I was losing brain cells trying to follow some of the characters' actions and decisions. Everything just felt lacklustre. There were also things left completely open and unresolved, which made the ending even more frustrating for me.

I normally avoid giving bad reviews if I can help it, and I always try to find redeeming qualities in a book, but I struggled with this one. Whenever I found something I liked, the things I disliked seemed to wash it away.

I'm glad I finished it and completed the series, but I definitely won't be rereading this one. Even the spice couldn't save this ending for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment