Saturday 26 November 2011

Halfling by Heather Burth review

Halflings (Halflings #1)Halflings by Heather Burch

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Chased by hell hounds, nearly run off the road by a suv Nikki’s life used to be simply now she seems like every bad thing in the world is trying to kill her. With evil ready to strike at every turn Nikki ends up having three beautiful guys watching over her. They call themselves Halflings the offspring of fallen angels. They plan to keep Nikki out of dangers but sometimes that’s not easy to do. New problems arise when Nikki finds herself falling in love with two of her protectors. This comes a big shock as she has never been interested in guys, but now she can’t help but want two but more trouble is ahead than just love because Nikki needs to work out what’s going on before she is killed.

I would just like to say when people I know read books and tell me there is a MASSIVE! Love triangle in the book I normally choose to stay clear but this book was very different. The love triangle in this book was deep and emotional. Raven and Mace are two very different characters at first look I thought of mace as light and caring one and Raven as dark and sexy but there is a whole lot more to these two characters and the book was so much more than just love drama. It’s about family and making the right chooses and the evil that's inside us all it’s our choice to be good or bad and this book really did show that.

Nikki was a really good character. She is a fighter, deep down, and she faces what’s coming head on. As one of the main characters she was feisty and kind and enjoyable to read about. I also felt that there is a lot more we are going to learn about her as the series goes on. I just had a sense that there is a lot of hidden power or potential inside Nikki that’s begging to come out. The story was packed with danger, and Nikki went from a normal life to being on the supernatural hit list. There were a lot of intense moments in the book between characters and sometimes humour the book seemed to find a great mix of everything.

Now I would like to confess that as an avid reader you sometimes fall for the characters you're reading about and raven was one of those characters for me. While at first look you feel his just an arrogant pretty boy, but I felt there more to him, and I feel that over readers will spot that underneath his front, you will see someone different.

A wonderful written story Jam packed with forbidden love, danger and a burning evil that will suck you in.

5 stars

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Okay, now I really want this book! Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the awesome review! And yes, there is more to Nikki. You must have great insight! Book two releases in September. Big hugs from an author who is overwhelmed by your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this waiting to be read on my Kindle, I'm so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading this novel. I've heard wonderful things about the Halflings!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews