Broken by Daylight by Elizabeth HelenMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Stars
🌶️🌶️🌶️ 3 Spice
Starting book 4 was so exciting. I have not read book 4 before, so I was going in with a high level of excitement, and our characters were like broken bits all here, there, and everywhere. Getting the POV from each of them gave you an understanding of where they are... and their mental frame of mind, and let me tell you, some of them are, like, not in a good place, and that made for a strong and great opening. I pretty much went into this book with my heart in my mouth due to how book 3 ended, and I was so flipping fearful of what was to come and if my poor heart could take it!! I was a total mess, but the book just pulled me right in and would not let go.
I was wowed by the fact that the book has this huge, RICH, and deep story, but in this book it was like having three stories branched off. The different POVs each led me down a different path and had different problems, and it was so, so, so good. I could not get enough. It was a nonstop roller coaster of stuff going on, with no chance to get bored or for the story to drag. I felt like I was free falling and hitting all the plot branches on the way down.
Following Dayton and Rosalina's POVs was by far a test of my own heart... I wanted to reach into the book and throw a person right out of it and hit them with a stick or something. I mean, you know a book is good when you want to go all Hulk smash on an antagonist while your poor heart threatens to break at what is going on. Following Dayton and Rosalina was an emotional test for me, but I loved every moment.
The whole book is not only jam-packed, it's spilling out the seams. With each turn you hit more story... more plot... there was little to none of the filler. It was rich, detailed, and wickedly all woven together, leaving you wild and guessing as more secrets and truths came to light. I could guess about the story all day, but it was not just that, but the magic... the growth and emotions all within the package. It's so hard to get a story that has everything I want, but this book had it to a level I thought unreachable.
As the story moved along, I felt like everything climbed up and up, and I was honestly unsure how it could keep going, and then BANG...
The last 15 percent of this book just DESTROYED me. I was in shock and awe... I cried and pleaded, and it was a whole new level even for me. By the end, I felt blown away but also in fear of what was to come. Hands down, one of the most epic books I have read to date. I have no idea how the rest of the series is going to trump this.
And this only covers the story. I mean, honestly, the characters in this book at this point all but feel as real to me as those walking about in real life due to the level of detail and how, over the last 4 books, they have all but become this living thing. Even the side characters have this amazing level of love put into them, and on top of that, with the spice and so many other things all within the book, it just makes it so much more than you could hope for.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment