Search This Blog

Friday, 28 August 2026

Pucking Feral: Part Two by Lenore Rosewood review

 

Pucking Feral: Part Two (Ghostverse, #2)Pucking Feral: Part Two by Lenore Rosewood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

⭐⭐⭐ 3 Stars
🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ 4 Spice

Where do I start but by saying I am a MASSIVE fan of the author's other series, Ghost Alpha Unit Series (the first 3 books that cover Ivy's story). I loved the series from start to end, so when I heard the author was making a new series with the same characters I loved in a different setting and stuff, I was all in. I really did like the first book in the Pucking Feral series, so I could not wait for the next book.

This book is big. It's not a small book. I have never been put off by a large book, but I felt like there was very little in the book other than romance, interaction between each other, and spice. There was only a little bit of underlying story going on here and there. Now, don't get me wrong, I love seeing my favourite characters with each other, but I have to remind myself this is not Ghost Alpha and is a new series, even if it uses the same characters. So, keeping that in mind, book two did not hold up.

There were a lot of pages with little going on. It needed more action or something to wow readers. The longer the book went on, the more I felt like it dragged. I have heard a few readers are not happy that it's not pure RH and has MM in the book. I am totally happy and fine with that. I love the MM parts as much as I love Ivy with Wraith and any of the others. I loved the togetherness, but I do think this one missed the mark for me.

The story was too... empty for me, and the spice and romance could not hold the book up. Any time there was a little story to be seen, it was over too fast. It needed more stakes. Spice and romance are great, but for me, they can't be the foundation or purely the story... I needed more.

I am sad that I could not love this one as much as I loved other books by this author, but I did not outright hate it. I read it, it's just overall not as wowing as I had hoped it would be.

Wraith, as always, was one of my favourites in the book, but I enjoyed all of them as always. I just wished I could have seen more of a plot with depth and a solid foundation to add the spice and romance to.

Overall, the book was OK, but not my favourite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment