Search This Blog

Friday, 2 October 2026

Grotesque Grotesque by Allison Paige review

 

GrotesqueGrotesque by Allison Paige
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

⭐⭐⭐½ 3.5 Stars
🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ 4 Spice

Ate the book up in one sitting; it's not a massive book. It's super easy to read and has a nice trigger warning at the beginning, which let me know what I was in for.

The book started off pretty much with that spooky vibe and a little insight into our lead Sorcha's family history, but not a lot before we are thrown into this spooky manor, where I spent my time trying to work out if the house was the problem or our girl was paranoid.

The storyline was there, but it was woven in with the spice, of which there was A LOT, like enough to start a house fire. I would say the spice totally took up more of the book than anything else. The storyline was pretty simple but still really fun to read.
I would say the book did not have a lot of substance, but honestly, it was amusing and fun. There were darker moments, and the end really took a turn into the dark, gory side of things.I would say this book was a walking red flag, or what not to do in a horror movie lol, but it's just an easy, fun read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment