Saturday 10 March 2012

Starters by Lissa Price review

Starters (Starters, #1)Starters by Lissa Price

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The world changed after the spores war which killed everyone between 20-60. This left lots of young people parentless and alone. Like Callie and tyler that had no elders to look after them so they struggled living on the street with the friend Micheal.
Life as a squatter is hard they are always running from renegades that would love to catch them so Callie does the only thing she things will make their life better and heads to prime destination.

Prime Destination or the body bank as most kids think of it where Callie can rent her body out to elders. It like the Elders use Callie’s body for a holiday getting them out of there 100 or 200 year old body. After that Callie will get a massive pay out and be much better off. Thing go wrong when Callie wakes up and is back in her body but in the life of the renter, sports cars and lots of money but why has Callie taken her body back?
Callie soon learns she in a lot of trouble and the more she learns the worse things get and the boss of prime destination has a dark plain that could mean the death for lots of unwanted teens.

The first thing that got me interested in this book was the imagination and idea’s that the author put into this book. While the book is based in our world the war has changed so much that it took my breath away. The author writing style also helped towards the easy flow of the book and that fact that the book was not over described to the point that it becomes boring the author made shore you knew that facts but not to the point of you losing interested.

The story was a mix of everything teen drama, action, danger, high emotions and lots of secrets and lies and it was all put together in a beautiful and imaginative way that kept me hooked the whole way through.
The main character Callie was easy for me to like she spends her time trying to do what is best for her young brother Tyler. I did feel she lost track of herself sometimes but I felt that was all part of her journey in the book. After facing poverty then being faced with all that money it would be hard for anyone not to change.

Over all I felt the book was filled to the max of everything any reader could want I know that I was really happy with this book and did not want to put the book down. I would recommend the book to others and I can’t wait to see what happens next in this series. I can’t find any part of the book I did not like and I’m happy to say that book for me was faultless.

5 well earned stars




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews