Tuesday 20 March 2012

Robert Sadler author guest post.

Best books would like to welcome Robert Sadler to the blog. His kindly spared some time to do this wonderful post just for the blog. 


Hello everyone, my name is Robert Sadler and I have recently released the first in a series of books titled Rebirth Of The Chosen. I would like to talk about the book a little bit today starting with the identity of the main character and how he was developed.
Quillen Ware, or Q as he prefers to be called, is a monster of a man physically. Surprisingly, he has spent much of his life silently suffering because of his sheer size and power. While Q has had the luxury of walking through life without fear of any man, he has spent his life lonely and isolated. Ok, this is where it gets interesting. Q’s personality and emotional state is based on mine. This is something I’ve never said aloud before.
At 6’6” and over 300lbs I am a very large and intimidating man, the fact that I am a no nonsense guy and speak my mind only adds to the problems. Throughout my life I have found that most men (especially short ones) are either afraid of me or intimidated by me. My old fashioned sense of loyalty has made it difficult to keep friends.
On the flip side it takes a strong, confident woman to look past my outward appearance. I needed a woman that could see through my brash, confident nature and find the sensitive, passionate, and at times insecure man hidden beneath. This is the power of Q’s character. While Q is powerful and confident, a natural born leader of men he is also afraid of making mistakes, of making poor choices and hurting the wrong people along the way.
Writing about Q is second nature to me because in a way he is me. I can put myself in his place and say, “What would I do? What would I say?” Creating his companions was as simple as asking myself, “Who would you want to surround yourself with? What kind of men would you trust to watch your back?” The women I created in the book are both the kind I would desire physically, as well as the ones that would terrify me just to approach. It gives the relationships and the interactions an emotional reality that I love.
Creating the protagonists was just as natural. What do I hate about mankind? What traits make me angry and disturb me more than any others? These qualities are in the mindset and make up the very foundation of my villains. Cruelty, selfishness, exploitation and an all encompassing desire for total dominance drive them to be what they are. While the book is full of paranormal elements and creatures ranging from gnomes and trolls to the more traditional vampires and shape shifters—I want the readers to see through the edge of your seat action and the steamy passion to what lies beneath it all. I can only hope that people feel the emotion I tried to instill in each character, to understand what drives them and what events and circumstances have shaped them.


I would like to thank Annmarie Ager for inviting me to stop by Best Books! I hope everyone who likes fast-paced, hot and exciting paranormal adventures will check out Rebirth Of The Chosen and for you fans of psychological thrillers with a touch of horror check out my collection of short stories: Vengeance The Collection. Thanks again for having me and I hope you enjoy my books!


Rebirth Of The Chosen paperback: https://www.createspace.com/3750197



Vengeance The Collection paperback:  https://www.createspace.com/3798180


Vengeance is also available for the Nook and on Smashwords


_________________________
I added cool smileys to this message... if you don't see them go to: http://s.exps.me

11 comments:

  1. First, I LOVE this site.
    Second, I so enjoyed your post, Rob. And as I'm reading Rebirth right now, I love knowing a little bit about the man behind Q.
    Third, I'm loving the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are loving it Brenda! If you think Rebirth is great just wait for the sequel! Revelations Out Of Darkness is going to be amazing!

      Delete
  2. Okay - gotta read this book! A super sized hero, not to mention the author , is a must read for me. I always wonder how much of the author is in the characters they write.

    Great interview - nice website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of me in this particular series Sheri. When you do read it think about the early scene with Chuckey and Q's Dad. That story was mine.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful interview! I must admit, from looking at your picture, then moving onto the interview, I was no surprised one bit to hear Q is a lot like you, ya big Teddy bear!

    The cover of Rebirth kind of scared me off, but you've changed my mind. I'm adding it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I suppose i do have my teddy bear side, when you read the book you'll see some of the others :) I'm really happy that you are willing to give it a try!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rob -
    Great guest blog! (I agree with what Jennifer said about the cover!)

    Lea Ellen {night owl in IL}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover was meant as an attention grabber, i would say it worked!

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful author and the coolest one I know! I am following him all over the net. Great spot, Mister Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Leanore! I've been following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog post by a great author!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews