Friday 4 March 2016

Gambit by C.L. Denault review

Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles, #1)Gambit by C.L. Denault
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The moment I saw the cover of Gambit by C.L.Denault I was intrigued it’s a stunning cover and it’s unique after that I read the description and I knew that this was a book I really wanted to read. The whole book screams read me and I prayed that the books lived up to what I had in my mind.

The book is set in the future in a stunningly built world that is both beautiful and dark with a lot of political gameplay. The author builds up this world and was clear when explaining the running of this world and its people. There is also a lot of amazing tech and human changes and its kind of scary to think about the power the government has over the people. I was stunned at the work and brilliance that was put into not only creating this one of a kind story but the time that was put into each environment that readers got to see.

To say the book surprised me would be an understatement I had hoped that it would be a good book but this went far beyond what I had hoped for. The whole book was easy to read its rich detail and character building all went toward making this an astoundingly brilliant book. I felt that the author covered all the things I wanted in a book and never over detailed things to death she seems to know the right amount of information and action to give the reader. It was a refreshing change to read a book that did not remind me of any other book.

I have to say once I finished the book I wanted more I wished I had the next book so I could see what happened next and I know the wait is going to kill me. This is one of those books that will linger long after you have read it. This is a must read book because if you don’t read it you really are missing out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews