Tuesday 15 March 2016

Half Bad by Sally Green review

Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1)Half Bad by Sally Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Half bad was a really shockingly good read the main character Nathan is an outcast he is what the council of witches calls a half code. His mother was a white witch and his father a black witch but Nathan is living in his mother community. All Nathan has ever really got from people is hate and mistrust. He spends his time with limited contacted with others and mostly sticks with his brother and while I read this I felt for him his isolation and horrible treatment. it made it so easier to like him and it felt like I knew Nathan as a character. The more the book went on the more I got to see what his life was like and I struggled to understand how people could hate a person they did not really know all because of what he was. It was strange how much I felt like yelling at these people for being pig headed monsters but it made for a great storyline and helped me as a reader get into the story.

The book had a really unique beginning before pulling you into the how's and why's of how he got there and the book was divided into parts with interesting chapter headings the way it was all put together made me feel while reading it that I was inside Nathan's head rather than seeing it from a birds eye view or being someone along for the ride which I really liked.

The storyline was jam packed with this unique story that had been built up with lots of thought behind the whole thing and you could tell that a lot of hard work and deep thoughts went into each new thing in the book. I loved the whole white and black witch and all the information and the witches system of working. The whole thing was different and intriguing and I loved the fact that nothing was easy to guess that I felt shocked and excited about each new detail and whole the book steamrolled forward never letting up with the none stop joyride that is Nathan life.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews