Thursday 10 March 2016

Fires of Invention by J. Scott Savage review

Fires of Invention (Mysteries of Cove, #1)Fires of Invention by J. Scott Savage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Trenton is smart and creative only problem is in the cove it's against the law to be creative to make new things to think outside of the box. Trenton tried to stick to the law but everything inside him wants to make and improve the tech that keeps the city of cove running. Cove is an underground city each person is bound by the laws and the life set out for them by the council that run the city. The cove is protecting them from the world above a place where the air is poison and the tech has all but wipe the world out. The Cove is safe but when Trenton makes something, not on the approved list of things his punishment happens to make him stumbles upon something new something not approved. He soon finds his life spinning out of control and he has to either keep within the law or follow his creativity.

Where do I start, I wanted to read this book the moment I saw the cover and after reading the books information I knew this was something I had to read. The moment you start the book you are pulled in by the author amazing writing style and the picture he portrays with his words it was that easy to get into the book. The Author has a way of describing everything that just helps you visualize the characters and the places it was truly breathtaking. Trenton was a super likeable character and he made me smile while I read the book which made becoming invested in the outcome of the book easily. You wanted him to keep going.

The story was packed with adventure and mystery that had you on the edge of your sit the whole time you was reading it. The story also made me think about my own creativity and how I would feel if I could not do that anymore. I felt for the characters and what was going on around them to a point that I wanted to stay up late finishing it needing to know what would happen. The ending of this book was fantastic I felt like almost all my question had been answered but the author had left just a few leaving me wanting more.

The book as a whole was outstanding I could not have wished for more and it was different from what I normally read and I loved and enjoyed the world and the story that lay within the pages wanting for you and I just know that I will happily read this to my daughter and she will love it. It's that kind of book that would make people of all ages happy.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews